The Foundations for Recovery Group provides a proven route to successful long-term recovery. During this group members will…
- Identify the distorted thought patterns and beliefs that block healing and connection with one’s core self.
- Map out the pattern/cycle of compulsive sexual behaviors and learn how and when to intervene to rescue themselves out of the cycle.
- Define sexual sobriety for themselves and create an effective relapse prevention plan.
- Explore the changes in brain chemistry that drive craving, withdrawal and relapse and learn how to intervene.
- Explore your arousal template to understand the significance of the sexual behaviors as they relate to your deeper emotional and attachment-based needs.
- Learn how to create and utilize relationships to build a community of support for your recovery.
Watch this video to learn more about the initial tasks and steps of recovery that will be addressed in this group.
This program IS ideal for you if…
- You have recently identified as a sex addict or someone dealing with out-of-control or compulsive sexual behaviors.
- You have not yet completed the initial tasks of recovery that create the foundation for long-term success.
- You need immediate support and direction to help establish and maintain sexual sobriety.
- You have been isolated, trying to deal with the problem by yourself and you need support from others who understand your struggle.
- You need help and support dealing with the fall-out from your behaviors in your relationship with your partner, family or others.
- You have been dealing with ongoing slips or relapses and need to re-establish a solid foundation for recovery.
The program is NOT ideal if…
- You are further down the road in recovery, have established some good sobriety and are ready to deal with the dynamics underlying the addiction. (Congratulations! You need something different than this group!)
- You are only doing the group to appease your spouse, boss, the legal system etc., but are not committed to your own healing.
- You do not have at least 2 hours per week outside of group to complete homework and reading.
- You are unable to attend at least 10 of the 12 sessions.
- You do not have reliable internet access that will allow you to attend meetings via Zoom. (*Due to the educational nature of the group and the need to review homework and documents together, accessing the meeting via phone is not an effective option. A computer or tablet is required for access.)
The cost for the Foundations for Recovery Group is $1200 if paid-in-full upon registration, or members can make three payments of $450 each for a total cost of $1350.
- Review and sign the New Client Forms and Group Agreement.
- Reach out to our Client Care Manager at email@example.com or (571) 442-1898 schedule a 15-minute screening with Group Leader Aaron Tempel, LCPC, CSAT.
- If you have not completed the Foundations for Recovery Workshop, click here to register and watch now. Completion of the Foundations Workshop is a pre-requisite for the Foundations Group as it provides a wealth of educational information that you will need to complete the group homework and participate effectively.
- Purchase the Facing the Shadow Workbook.
- Join the Foundations for Recovery Online Community Group to access the curriculum, Zoom links, homework assignments and announcements for the duration of the group.
Aaron Tempel, LCPC, CSAT
Aaron is a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, Certified Sex Addiction Therapist, National Certified Counselor, and Attachment-Focused EMDR trained clinician. He enjoys working with those struggling with unwanted sexual behaviors, attachment wounds and trauma, anxiety and shame, as well as men’s issues and healthy sexual functioning. Aaron has experience working in both inpatient and outpatient treatment centers. His focus of work is on the therapeutic relationship with his clients, allowing them space to be seen and accepted, experiencing joy, loss, and disappointment with them, all the while teaching skills to enhance and improve their lives.