Based on the groundbreaking attachment-based Braving Hope™ Treatment Model, Braving Together is a year-long coaching mastermind for couples who want to…
- Reshape the attachment bond
- Restore safe connection
- Reclaim their sexual health and well-being
- And build the relationship they’ve always longed for
For couples who have weathered the initial stages of recovery after betrayal and are committed to repairing their relationship, there are limited resources to help move you toward the relationship you long for and know is possible.
That is why we created Braving Together!
We want to serve the brave couples who are fighting all the odds to save what they have with one another! We want to give you the skills and experiences that teach you how to move fully past the betrayal and into flourishing!
The Braving Together Experience Includes:
A Year of World Class Guidance and Support
Embark on a year-long journey of growth, connection, and transformation in a small group of ten couples.
In Braving Together, you’ll have the opportunity to experience the profound change that comes from surrounding your relationship with dedicated support in an intimate group experience that allows for personal attention and guidance.
You and your partner will learn skills and be guided through relational experiences needed to repair wounds and develop new relational patterns that reshape your attachment bond and restore safe connection and intimacy.
Weekly Group Coaching
Consistency is the key to lasting change. This weekly call is where couples dive deep into the stuck places in their relationships and learn the steps to a new relational dance that moves them toward safe connection.
You’ll hone the skills you need to support lifelong intimacy not just from the work you do, but also from the incredible opportunity to witness and hold space for other couples.
Weekly coaching calls take place on Thursday Afternoons from 3 to 5 PM Eastern and happen a minimum of three times per month.
Two In-Person Intensives
Escape to beautiful Leesburg, Virginia, where you and your partner will experience the magic of being with each other and the other couples in Braving Together.
These immersive retreats provide a sacred space for deep healing and transformation. The experience of group bonding and support creates space for vulnerability, authenticity, and profound change.
Intensives are tentatively planned for April/May and September/October.
Couples Coaching Sessions
Each couple will meet once a quarter with one of the group coaches to do a deep dive into the issues you are working to transform.
These dedicated 90-minute sessions give you the opportunity to focus on healing attachment injuries, working on sexual reintegration, or shifting patterns that are not serving the relationship.
This program IS ideal for you if…
- You are in year two or further in your recovery process, you have a good period of sobriety, and you have completed disclosure.
- You are both fully committed to repairing the relationship but are struggling to heal the attachment injuries and need support.
- You can participate on a weekly basis in the group coaching meetings and travel for in-person intensives twice a year.
- The betrayed partner has gained foundational knowledge through the Braving Hope™ Coaching Program.
- You are both open to taking risks and to new ways of thinking, being, and doing.
- You are both willing to take personal responsibility for your healing and happiness.
- You both believe wholeheartedly that it is possible to heal and live a full flourishing life after betrayal.
The program is NOT ideal if…
- You are in early recovery, do not have a period of sobriety, or have not completed disclosure.
- One or both partners are wavering in their commitment to repair the relationship.
- One or both partners have hesitations about being an active participant in a group.
- You are not willing to invest significant time, energy, and financial resources in your healing. This program is an intensive immersive experience that will transform your life and relationships and requires a serious commitment of time and energy.
- In early recovery the responsibility to build safety falls to the betraying partner. In later recovery, safety becomes the responsibility of both partners. This program is not a fit unless both individuals are able to assume responsibility for safety – building.
Braving Together is limited to ten couples and begins February 2024.
Ready to enroll or want to explore more about whether the Braving Together is right for you?
Michelle Mays LPC, CSAT-S
Michelle Mays is an author, innovator and counselor guided by the belief that all change happens in relationship. This relational orientation has directed over two decades of experience articulating new models and approaches for the treatment of individuals and couples impacted by sexual betrayal and trauma.
Michelle is the creator of the Attachment-Focused Partner Betrayal Model, providing attachment-based healing for partner betrayal. She designed the premier online coaching program for betrayed partners and is the founder of the Center for Relational Recovery in Leesburg Virginia.
Michelle is a Licensed Professional Counselor and Supervisor in both Virginia and Washington DC, a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist and Supervisor and is completing her PhD in Clinical Sexology and certification in Emotionally Focused Therapy for couples.
Bruce Butler LPC, CSAT-S
Bruce Butler is a Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Virginia. He is a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist and is also in the process of completing his certification in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples.
Bruce specializes in working with couples who are struggling with issues such as communication problems, betrayal or infidelity, and sexual addiction. Bruce works from an attachment perspective helping couples to create emotional safety, deep bonding and connection within the relationship.
Bruce received his Masters in Counseling in 2010 from Liberty University. He is a member of the International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals, the Northern Virginia Licensed Professional Counselors Association, the American Association of Christian Counselors, and the International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy.