I joined Geoff Steurer, LMFT on his podcast, From Crisis to Connection, for a discussion on why our attachment needs are not only normal, but essential for our emotional, mental, and physical well-being.
In this episode, we discuss:
- A brief overview of the science of attachment
- What our culture does to shame and criticize our natural attachments to each other.
- How this shaming is harmful to our individual and collective wellbeing
- When dealing with betrayal, how cultural views of attachment make it tough for betrayed partners who choose to stay and work it out
- The balance between dependency and individuality
- How we can create balanced support for personal safety while honoring our attachment reflexes.
Give it a listen!