In this episode of the Wanting it More Podcast, Janna speaks with Michelle Mays – author, innovator and counselor with over 20 years of experience treating sexual betrayal and trauma.
- Janna talks about discovering a 14-year betrayal in her marriage and Michelle shares her own betrayal story.
- Reasons why partner betrayal is so complex compared to other forms of trauma.
- The stories of rationalization, minimization and justification used by cheating partners to make their behaviour ok.
- The lying, manipulation, scapegoating and gaslighting experienced by partners during the discovery of betrayal.
- The cycle of shame that comes with wanting to simultaneously connect and disconnect from a cheating partner
- The vital importance of restoring the relationship with oneself after experiencing partner betrayal.
“Wanting it More is the podcast for women, married to men, who feel like sex is a chore. With massive to-do lists, husband expectations and constant stress, it’s no wonder that so many of us find sex to be a challenge!”