Sexuality & Recovery is designed for individuals and couples who desire a safe space to intentionally deepen their understanding of healthy sexuality.
This workshop will place an emphasis on exploring sexual health for those in recovering relationships but is open to participants who are not in recovery but want to improve their sexual relationship or increase their understanding of their own sexuality.
- Define sexual health and the personal values that shape and guide sexual expression
- Identify the dimensions of healthy sexuality
- Identify communication styles around sexual issues
- Increase ease and self-confidence in communicating about sexual matters
- Learn about common sexual problems and how to address them
- Identify common fears inhibiting sexual expression and how to work with these fears to move them out of the way
- Increase knowledge and understanding of desire and arousal
Who should attend this workshop?
- Individuals or couples in recovery who want to learn more about sexual health.
- Individuals or couples who are dealing with sexual betrayal and want to heal the negative impacts to their sexual relationship.
- Those interested in understanding how their childhood impacted sexual development and influenced beliefs and thinking they may still hold as adults.
- Anyone who wants to better understand their and/or their partner’s sexuality and grow in sexual and emotional intelligence.
Michelle Mays LPC, CSAT-S
Michelle Mays is an author, innovator and counselor guided by the belief that all change happens in relationship. This relational orientation has directed over two decades of experience articulating new models and approaches for the treatment of individuals and couples impacted by sexual betrayal and trauma.
Michelle the creator of The Braving Hope™ Treatment Model, providing attachment-based healing for partner betrayal. She designed the premier online coaching program for betrayed partners and is the founder of the Center for Relational Recovery in Leesburg Virginia.
Michelle is a Licensed Professional Counselor and Supervisor in both Virginia and Washington DC, a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist and Supervisor and is completing her PhD in Clinical Sexology and certification in Emotionally Focused Therapy for couples.